Wapping weekend wildlife from the window


One of the joys of spending time in the kitchen is perhaps ironically the opportunity to look out of the window. I'm lucky to be able to see a few bushes and trees and a patch of grass. This morning whilst having my breakfast I noticed two rather chubby squirrels chasing each other around one of the trees and their little game continued for a good ten minutes entertaining me and @potoft to the extent that my cup of tea and croissant went cold. I was able to take a couple of photos, but wasn't able to get a photo of both squirrels together, as their game meant they kept to opposite sides of the tree, and were a bit too fast for my lens.

Just in the time I was having my breakfast and then loading the dishwasher I noticed quite a few creatures:
  • 2 Squirrels
  • 1 Woodpigeon
  • 1 Jay
  • 1 Chaffinch
  • 1 Robin
This set me thinking of all the animals I've seen in Wapping, and most were but a short walk from my front door. My quick list of animals is below, but I'm bound to have missed others and I wonder what others have seen and all within an inner city area.
  • Foxes
  • Crabs
  • Kingfishers
  • Mallards
  • Peregrine falcons
  • Moorhens
  • Herring gull
  • Various terns and oteher gulls
  • Heron
  • Greylag geese
  • Egyptian geese
  • Cormorant
  • Moorhen
  • Coot





Comments

Popular Posts